OTA YHTEYTTÄ: +372 6777 444 Lähetä kysymys


[fi] Kakumäe peninsula emerged about 4000 ago as a group of small islands. Joined together, they formed a 2-km-long island, which finally became connected to the mainland.

[fi] Kakumäe was first mentioned in 1467 (Kakamaye). Since 1561 Kakumäe has belonged to Haabersti region, which derived from German and meant ‘oaten’.

[fi] From the end of 16 century Kakumäe was a part of Haabersti town manor. The manor building itself was situated where now there is the main gate of the Zoo. Until 1817 Haabersti manor was administratively under Tallinn town police, but later it was incorporated into Keila parish. Kakumäe was a village, which located in Haabersti until the year of 1975 when it was connected to Tallinn city. Kakumäe today is a community within Haabersti administrative city district.

[fi] For a long time Kakumäe harbor territory used to be a part of Suurevälja farm (hence, in the harbor vicinity there is Suurevälja street). During the period of first independence the harbor territory belonged to Mrs Luise Grosssfeldt, and before the repatriation of land in the beginning of 1990-s its owner was M.S.Kirov’s communal fishery.

[fi] It was Kirov’s communal fishery that built in the region the first marine infrastructure object – a small pier for fishing boats. The fishery also included industrial buildings and a fish net repair shop built next to the fishing port, later a shop for manufacturing fish products and other fish processing buildings appeared. AS Spratfil, set up in 1991, privatised/gained ownership of the fish processing buildings. Other lands, boarding the port, were either repatriated to their former owners or privatised.

[fi] In 2004, the investment company Baltreal Invest, owned by Sander Kaus and Sven Maanurm, purchased Lesta 10 land plot in the area of Kakumäe port. During next one and a half years the company also purchased Lesta 11, Lesta 20, Lesta 22 and the port plot (Nooda tee 8). In February 2005, a rezoning was initiated with the aim to change the area into a multifunctional yachting port area.

[fi] In 2006 OÜ Kakumäe Jahisadam was set up, which purchased the land plots from Baltreal Invest and continued the development of the area. Kakumäe Jahisadam syndicated capital from investors for purchasing and development of the land. Apart from Sander Kaus and Sven Maanurme (the owners of Baltreal Invest) the other major investors were Jaan Pillesaar, Peeter Mänd, Hannes Tamjärv, and others.

[fi] The rezoning came into effect 5.5 years later, by the end of 2010, but the local residents together with the community-oriented nonprofit organization ‘Kakumäe Selts’ contested it in the court, wishing the planning to be cancelled. The judicial proceedings ended in the end of 2013, when the Supreme Court had not found errors in preparation/procedures of the rezoning.

[fi] In 2014, Priit Herodes compiled an official port emblem. The emblem features symbols characterizing the area and the slogan UT CLASSIS NAVIGET (ships are bound to navigate). The emblem of Kakumäe Port has been recorded in the emblem matrix of the Estonian National Heritage heraldic board on 21 May 2014 AD.

[fi] In the middle of 2014, the OÜ Estmare Invest, owned by Kaarma family, and OÜ Kakumäe Jahisadam started negotiations in order to carry on developing the area. The negotiations resulted in 2015 with setting up a new joint investment association ‘Haven Kakumäe’, which purchased the land plots, and since then deals with development of the port and the adjacent real estate.

Lähetä kysymys
* Pakolliset kentät
Täytä kaikki pakolliset kentät!
Vastaamme pian.